Within the smart cities research, data from any kind of source are key for the modelling and understanding of the overall systems. Hence we have to collect data in masses.
Under the CITIES project and others, a data repository is to be developed during autumn 2014. For this purpose, we can define a number of project that can include parts of e.g.:
- hard-core computer programing and architecture
- data base design
- data repository design
- metadata design and handling
- data management at any stage
- data collection from public and private sources
- data correlation and analysis
- and much much more.
The project is on the one hand related to software solution companies, public and private, and will involve numerous organization with available data.
In the very near future, smart cities project will deliver data as we build the necessary monitoring infrastructures – also a lot of opportunities in this related subject.